12 reasons why toddlers and minions are the same..
I recently took my oldest son to see Despicable Me 2. (Clearly, we don’t get out nearly as often as I would like since this movie has been out for a couple of weeks.) Anyway, the whole time I was sitting there watching the movie, I couldn’t help but notice the similarities between minions and toddlers. Well, if you haven’t seen it, I may be giving away a few things…
1. Both Minions and toddlers frequently speak in a language only they can understand, leaving adults to wonder what on earth they both said.
2. Left to their own devices, they will immediately eat anything in sight.
3. Like the purple minions, a toddler can transform almost instantaneously into a chaotic demon, capable of climbing walls and crazy hair do’s. (Though the crazy hair do’s may come from the parent actually pulling out their own hair.
4. When a toddler is in a good mood, generally they are quite loyal and will follow their parent around. However, when they are in a bad mood (purple minion), they will destroy everything in sight within a few minutes.
5. Potty humor is always the best kind of humor to a child and a minion.
6. Toddlers and minions are quite capable of singing a song with their own lyrics, leaving you madly humming trying to remember the name of the song and the right lyrics.
7. They will allow their parents to put them into any kind of ridiculous outfit because they, of course, don’t know any better.
8. Even the most basic instructions are frequently lost on them.
9. They find the most simple of ways to entertain themselves.
10. They are easily distracted. Offer a Minion or a toddler a sweet treat and whatever it was they were doing the five seconds prior is now a distant memory.
11. They really have no idea how to fight and will fight over even the smallest things.
12. They will repeat themselves over and over, even if you have said no to something or haven’t a clue as to what they want.
If you have any doubt, watch these two clips and let me know if you don’t say to yourself at least once.. yeah.. that reminds me of my life with my toddler. =)
Now, the only question I have is how do I get my hands on some of the “cure” when my toddler goes from being a laughable green minion to a crazy haired purple one?