Friday Fun Facts
All right, so this title could be misleading, but only if you aren’t interested in knowing some random facts about me. In the blogging world, there is a sense that we know one another, while actually knowing very little of them except the occasional blurbs in their blogs. It is nice to have some anonymity in this world (stalkers, do you hear me? Not that I have stalkers… unless my children count)
So, I won’t be giving away truly stalker worthy material but just some random facts which I feel really are kind of quirky but definitely me.
1. I’m afraid of being eaten by a shark. Well, in the event that I ever go in the ocean itself.. not afraid they will jump out and eat me while I sit on the pier. Though the other day, I was reading how a giant squid can kill a whale.. so add squids to my “irrational fear of dying in some dark water” quirk.
2. I have rules about cheese. For example, I detest melted american cheddar on any kind of meat. However, I will eat a grilled cheese sandwich.
3. I despise hot water on my face. Absolutely will not wash my face with anything other than cool water. Perhaps I was a cat in a former life.. though I guess they don’t like any water on their faces.
4. I will always stop by the shoe section. Always. Even when I know I can’t buy another pair for fear the shelves in my closet will buckle under the weight of another heel, I still have to look.
5. I don’t like wearing glasses. (well, sunglasses are a different story) I got glasses as a child and still wear them everyday as an adult (mainly because I’m too
busy lazy to go to the eye dr and get contacts) even though I don’t like them.
6. I cannot stand dish sponges. I don’t like the way they feel and if they get a funk to them, I feel like that smell lasts on my hands for weeks, no matter how many times I wash them. Have you ever seen the episode of Fraiser and he’s talking about the dirty sponge? (Yes, I might be aging myself or at least my taste in shows, but Frasier’s comments on the matter are so perfectly aligned with what I feel.)
7. I love scented candles. Particularly from Bath and Body works, but really only the summer ones and not ones that smell like cookies, cakes or pies. I burn them daily in my house because it helps combat the smell of “boys”
8. Inefficiency bugs me. A lot.
9. I can’t stand smashing ants with my bare hands. I’m telling you, they have a weird ant smell. So, yes, I can smell ant pheromones. Not the super power I would pick if I was a super hero.
10. My favorite color is purple. However, people knowing this is turning a majority of my clothing to one color hue.
11. I wear socks 99% of the year (inside my house that is) People might think that I have weird looking feet since they never see them. (I mean feet just look weird in general, so mine are just average.)
12. I can’t stand misspelled signs. It takes all of my obsessive tendancies not to carry a sharpie with me to correct them.
13. I’m a very routine person. (Well, I guess that could be something a stalker would want to know) To this end, I can watch and re-watch and re-watch shows or movies I like.
14. When I eat dinner, I always feel depleted if I don’t have three separate items (meat, grain, veggie) on my plate. There is a key word in there too, SEPERATE. I don’t like my foods touching one another.
15. Despite being routine, I do like to change my hairstyle. It can be cut or color but something has to change about every 3 months.
16. The only kind of fruit I will eat are cherries and peaches. Unless you are one of those people who are quick to say that tomatoes and avocados are fruit, then I guess I eat those a lot too.
17. If I promise I’ll finish something for someone else, I will do so. However, if it’s a project for just myself, it’s rarely done. (Do you hear me, pinterest? You have singlehandedly made me feel like an unaccomplished individual all the time.)
18. I’m not superstitious but I was glad my child wasn’t born on the 13th.
19. I dislike jeans shopping. I’m a short person with even shorter than average legs for a short person. It’s impossible to find a pair which works well for me and because I’m lazy, I don’t ever take them to be hemmed.
20. I really like Irish music. I’m sure that’s because it’s just in my blood.
Well, that’s all for now…. I’m sure just as soon as I post this I will think of some better more entertaining facts but there’s always a blog for another day. Happy Friday!